“ My Final Run”

30 + years ago I met the man of my dreams. Well I should say I met a boy, who is the man of my dreams today. That boy I met loved to play in the water. Water skiing being one of his most favorite water sport at that time. He also was a barefoot water skier, I on the other had not even graduated out of the wadding pool.

Even though I knew I would never be a barefoot skier I at least wanted to learn to ski.
That is where this story begins.  Weekend after weekend all summer long Scott dragged me around the lake trying to help me become a water skier!
img855       
After a couple of years of almost drinking the lake dry, one day OMG!  She is up!


Finally I can say I am a water skier.

img856

With the sun on my face, and the wind in my hair, I hung in there with the big guys for over 30 years as a water skier.


img851

On Thursday the 8th of July 2010 it was a beautiful morning 80 degree with solid sunshine, no wind, and no other boats on the lake.

I said to Scott let’s go out water skiing. Scott said OK. What he did not know is that it would be my final run. Yes I had decided it was time to hang up my skies! Even good times have to come to and end, to make room for the new things that are waiting for you. Been there done that for thirty year. I had the wind in my hair the sun in my face and many, many beautiful weekend of fun in the water at the lake with friends!
My Final Run video

My Final Run photos


With a tear in my eye!


crying eye...flying solo

I would like to give a special thanks to Scott the boy turned man. You drove that boat tirelessly Scott for hours, picking me back up out of the water after I fell, and fell, and fell. You never gave up on me, You always encourage me, and in the end when I finally made it as a water skier! I will never forget seeing you jumping out of that boat with a big hug and kiss to welcome me to that beautiful world of water skiing!
  
HU5331-001 

quotes

No comments:

Post a Comment