My Final Steps - June

stepping-stones

Seven Steps To The Party!

Trust me - I am not actually counting the days until I retire. That would be to much like getting out of a jail sentence, even though there is days lately that it feels like that I am so anxious to be as the book say… Retired Wild and Free! I know that there is a limit to the number of days in this final year, but I would rather look at the year more in terms of the month-long chunks.

So why am I doing this? Why am I writing of my last year! Partly I'm writing this because writing is one of the things that I possibly might enjoy doing in my next chapter! I'm also thinking that "if it's in the paper, it must be true." If I see it in print, I must mean it. Not that I have any questions as to whether I mean it or not. Rather I have questions as to how I will react on than final day, :) :( or when I find myself somewhere else on the first day after retirement. Island with a palm tree

I am sure there is a few family members and friends that question, whether I am really ready to retire this time. I know, I know you have heard me saying I was going to retire many time over the last three years!  “Read this e-mail I just received from a friend”

Hi  Margaret,
I hear you are retiring Margaret, I don't believe that until I see it. When is the happy last day?

Yes there was a nagging thought, in the back of my mind, that I should stay here. It is warm, it is dry, and most of all it is safe. Yes I was afraid to leave in the past." Now I am neither afraid to leave or do I have that nagging thought that I should stay here. I know I will miss it, but I will not dwell on that. It is time to move on to my next chapter, the one I have been preparing for over the last three years.  “This time belongs to me”



I will close these June Final Steps with these words!
The longer I live the more beautiful life becomes. - Frank Lloyd Wright
 


No comments:

Post a Comment